On to the links of the week:
- I’m astounded at these people selling gold-covered, Cristal-iced doughnuts for $100 each.To be fair, I don’t blame the bakery or the bakers- they are just getting theirs. I don’t know about the people ordering a dozen of these doughnuts, though. It’s their money and they can do what they want with it, but it rubs me the wrong way.
The Golden Cristal Ube Donut The Manila Social Club presents their infamous gold-ube donut, adorned with icing made with Cristal champagne and filled with an ube mousse, champagne jelly, and covered with 24k Gold. $100 per donut. For more information or to inquire about placing an order, please go to www.ManilaSocialClub.com. #manilasocialclub#williamsburg#newyears#ube#filipinofood#pinoyfood#donuts#goldleaf#champagne#doughnuts#nyc#f52grams#newforkcity#eatmunchies#eeeeeats#cristal#bubbly#bestrestaurants#cheflife#feastagram#buzzfeedfood#filipinofoodmovement#huffposttaste#forkyeah#feedfeed#tastingtable#eater#zagat#dessert#richdessert
- Here’s a long, interesting read about how social media is devaluing the power of the web.
- Someone thinks beer will motivate people to keep fit. Cool, cool.
- Hero girl lifts a truck full of gasoline off her trapped father. Everything about that sentence and that link is amazing (she says, looking at her puny arms.) A short news clip below:
- Here’s some touching flash fiction in five sentences by Jacqueline, my neighbor in Blogsville.
I’m in a sober mood this week, because Lassa fever is spreading, and doctors have started dying, infected by people they’re trying to save.
Doctors who have been exposed to the virus are being denied access to ribavirin (the antiviral medication), and are being told to go home and check their temperatures regularly. We don’t get paid enough for this shit.
Stay safe out there, people. Kill all rats (I mean real rats, not murder). Discuss in the comments. Have a restful weekend!
Warning: join(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/tobyswor/public_html/wp-includes/category-template.php on line 1264